Not able to attend SMX West? We have you covered!
For the next two days our Where2GetIt team is dedicated to deliver you the highlights of SMX with our "SMX Scoop" series. We began our SMX exploration by attending sessions diving directly related to SEO content to discover the newest trends brands should consider when developing a solid and effective SEO strategy. For this session of Where2GetIt's SMX Scoop we will highlight our key takeaways from the 2 speaker sessions we heard so far:
1. Google Now, Microsoft Cortana & The Predictive Search World - Cindy Krum ( @suzzicks )
- The Android mobile app, Google Now, has the ability to remember your consumers behavior to deliver more relevant content at the right time.
- If you use Google Now on your mobile device you will see relevant cars on your desktop.
- According toGoolge:
- "If you use Google Now on your mobile device, you can see certain Now cards on your desktop computer if you're signed into Chrome, including weather, sports scores, commute traffic, and event reminders cards. Some of these cards may be based on the location of your mobile device.
- Cortana is only available on phones with Windows Phone 8.1, and was designed to rival the voice search application "Siri" found on Apple devices. (More on voice search in the next section).
- Cortana is more interactive and appears to have a more natural conversation with consumers than their rivals Siri and Google Now.
The Predictive Search World:
- With technology advancing, local data observed, and behavioral pattern tracked, search engines are now able to predict what you are searching for.
2. Understanding & Leveraging Search By Voice - Greg Sterling ( @gsterling )
Voice search has been around since the thirties, but only now are we able to see the impact this type of search.
- 25% of Android searches are voice searches
- People who search with their voice are 3 times as likely to be searching for local intent.
- Searches are situational based, usually occur when hands are not available.
So far we're definitely seeing a trend of mobile mindedness. As we've predicted, mobile is now the way of the present and if brands aren't keeping up, they've are soon to be in the dust.
If you're at SMX West, we'd love to discuss these trends in person. Stop by booth #216 for some W2GI Swag and a chance to win our Chrome Book Giveaway.
And if you aren't at SMX but would like a brief scoop on a particular speaker, leave a comment below and we'll do our best to get you in the know. Stay tuned!