Missed our webinar? No worries, see below for the replay and quick recap!
This week, Damian Rollison, our VP of Product, teamed up with Street Fight and Yelp to discuss the future of digital and how it will enhance the in-store experience.
The hosts for this webinar were:
- David Card, Research Director, Street Fight Insights
- Damian Rollison, VP of Product, Brandify
- Dylan Swift, Sr. Director, National Marketing, Yelp
- Stephanie Rice, Sr. Associate, National Marketing, Yelp
In this webinar we covered:
- Why Local Marketing and Reviews Matter
- Driving In-Store Traffic
- In-Store Experience
- Customer Service and Loyalty
Why Local Marketing and Reviews Matter:
Street Fight’s recent survey of multi-location brands found that:
- Most brands spend <30% of their digital budgets locally, but 38% expect budgets for local to increase.
- Brand marketers believe that review monitoring correlates with overall marketing effectiveness.
- Pain points: Brands find it difficult to implement local digital marketing and advertising.
Your customers are on Yelp. You need to be, too.
Yelp not only allows potential customers to find your business, it also gives you a direct line of communication to your customer in the form of review response.
If you’re not a believer in the importance of Yelp for local marketing, here are some important facts to consider:
- 92% of consumers make a purchase after visiting Yelp.
- 33.3M searches and pageviews occur on Yelp everyday.
- 49.6% of Yelp users make more than $100K per year.
If the stats above didn’t convince you, take into consideration that Yelp is the secret weapon in voice search. A strong Yelp listing gives your brand a presence on 2 of the 3 top voice platforms! For more details on voice search, you can read Damian’s Street Fight article on the topic here.
How can you optimize your products and services to capture emerging trends and tailor to your customers’ needs?
Yelp can help businesses identify trends before they are widely known. For example, Yelp recently identified that lip injections were trending because searches for that term skyrocketed. Businesses like medical spas, armed with this knowledge, can incorporate lip injections into their service offerings and catch the wave of the trend before their competitors.
Customer service and loyalty
Responding to every review in a timely fashion correlates with local marketing effectiveness, according to Street Fight’s 2018 brand survey.
In fact, a one-star increase in your Yelp rating can lead to a 5-9% increase in revenue.
Remember, customers are offering detailed opinions about your business for free. So make sure to read all of your reviews and take customer feedback seriously. Responding is of major importance, as it signals to everyone who views your profile that you are actively listening and engaging with your customers.
- Brands are investing more in local marketing.
- Monitoring and responding to reviews can help with your overall marketing effectiveness.
- Data from reviews on platforms such as Yelp can help brands make critical operational decisions such as where to open a new location and what products or services to offer.
- Responding to every review in a timely fashion correlates with local marketing effectiveness.
Ready to increase your marketing effectiveness by responding to reviews but don't know where to start? Download our handy guidebook which will provide you with solutions that you can implement to begin building your own review response strategy!